Coconut Oil As Lube

Can you use coconut oil as lube?

It's a common question among health enthusiasts and those looking for a potentially chemical-free alternative to traditional lubricant. The short answer is, yes, for the most part, coconut oil can be used as lube.

Is coconut oil a safe lube to use?

In the general, most cold-pressed, virgin, and certified raw coconut oils will be safe to use. However, they are missing lots of other skin nourishing components that you may want in your lubricant. You should test your skin to ensure no allergic reactions or irritations will occur. You don't want to be bumpin' and grindin' with your coco oil only to realize it's making you itchy all over. Yikes!

There is something you should know.

Not all coconut oil is created equal and the industry is not as health regulated as we'd like to see... especially when considering using coconut oil on your most sensitive parts. According to governmental regulations, coconut oil that is labeled "organic" only has to be 80% organic coconut oil. The other 20% can be chemicals, fillers, bleach, binding agents, preservatives, and other non-organic material.

Putting 20% chemicals on your vagina is not healthy nor helpful to your body overall. Remember, what goes on your skin vaginally will be absorbed INTO your body.

What are we to do?

Coconut oil is a great moisturizer for skin, however alone, it doesn't provide the full spectrum of nutrients your vagina needs both during sex or alone as a personal moisturizer. We love coconut oil and added it as one of the six ingredients in Chiavare. Coconut oil alone lacks anti-inflammation benefits, the ability to retain moisture, a boost in healing properties, relieving itchy skin, antioxidants, and so much more. But combined with five other all-natural, vegan ingredients intended to promote holistic healing and female sexual health -- you get the best lubricant & personal moisturizer on the market.

Chiavare uses only 6 ingredients, including coconut oil!

We believe in giving our bodies all-natural, top quality ingredients. Chiavare is vegan, hypoallergenic, and packed full of skin benefits. Our ingredients are sustainably sourced, chemical-free, and totally pure.

If you're dealing with symptoms related to menopause, endometriosis, vaginal dryness, discomfort, pain during sex, or thinning vaginal walls -- Chiavare is your new best friend!

Here are the ingredients used in Chiavare along with their benefits:

- Sunflower seed oil: Retains moisture. Boosts healing properties. Click to read more about Sunflower seed oil for skin.
- Coconut oil: Penetrates multiple skin layers to deliver nourishment and hydration. Antibacterial and anti-fungal.
- Grapeseed oil: Anti-inflammatory. Anti-aging. Antimicrobial. Antihistamine. Relieves dry, itchy skin, PMS, and hemorrhoids. Click to read more about Grapeseed Oil. 
- Evening Primrose oil: Widely used in treating PMS, endometriosis, and symptoms of menopause. Extremely beneficial in reducing inflammation. Read more about the benefits of Evening Primrose Oil for skin.
- Vitamin E: Antioxidant. Removes free radicals that damage the cell structure. Promotes blood circulation. Regenerates cells.
- Almond oil: Locks moisture into the skin. Anti-inflammatory. Mild pain reliever. Soothes sore muscles. Aids in healing.

We chose these 6 ingredients specifically for female sexual well-being and their skincare benefits.

If you want to use coconut oil as a lubricant, try Chiavare! It's smooth and silky, plus has those added natural ingredients beyond just coconut oil to really give your body a treat.

Let us know what you think! Share your story with us on Instagram or Facebook.

Live. Laugh. Lube.



Leave a comment

All comments are moderated before being published