Last week I shared my Endometriosis story and personal tips for fighting back against the disease. These holistic tips have made all the difference in my ability to cope with endo, rid my body of inflammation, and feel better than ever!
One of my favorite methods of detoxing while adding powerful nutrients into the body is juicing. Not the high-sugar juice you buy in a plastic container at the store, but juicing at home with nothing but fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.
As one health coach described, "Juicing is like a shot to the body of nutrients, vitamins, enzymes, and minerals."
This is my favorite juicer I use at home. It's the Omega J8006. Do your research on juicers. You want a slow moving masticating juicer that allows the produce to be gently pressed releasing the juice. This allows the contents of the juice (enzymes, nutrients, etc.) to stay fresh 24-72 hours. No -- this is not an ad and no one is benefiting from Omega. Just sharing our personal preference. If Omega does want to send a check, I'll gladly provide my address. :-)
The following Beet Juice recipe (Mmmm delicious) is great for feminine wellness, detoxing, and athletic performance. Here's why:
- Beetroot juice provides a sudden boost of potassium, ascorbic acid, vitamin E, carotenes, phenolic acids and phytoestrogens to the body. This helps improve cardiac and immunity function. Beetroot also helps the body detox.
- Carrot juice is rich in beta carotene which improves immunity in the body, protects skin and eye health, and fights free radical damage that can cause various forms of chronic diseases. Carrot juice also is high in vitamins A, D, E, K, and C.
- Granny Smith apples are high in malic acid that stimulates the metabolism and helps to detox heavy metals. If you've ever read about the Gerson Institute, you will understand their obsession with granny smith apples as the ONLY apple they juice with.
- Ginger is a highly potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory agent. We know that inflammation causes pain and disease, so use ginger as much as possible. Ginger has been used in multiple countries for thousands of years to treat ailments.
- Beet Greens (leaves) supply protein, phosphorus, and zinc. They are also a great source of fiber. Packed with antioxidants, beet greens are high in vitamin B6, magnesium, potassium, copper, and manganese.
- Lemon is a great way to add flavor and freshness to any juice recipe. Lemons are also helpful in alkalizing the body, detoxifying, and adding vitamin C.
Grab your fruits and veggies and juice away! You'll love the refreshing taste of this beet juice -- plus the added benefit of supporting your feminine wellness!